Friday, April 3, 2009

Short Week Mission Trip in Japan

Hey Hey Hey,
So I get my first taste of real mission work here in Japan!  They Bostrom family is wonderful and their children are some of the best behaved I have ever met!  What a relief it has been after spending time with the Japanese, who's only facial expression is a smile cut short with a bow.  One can never really tell if someone genuinely likes you of if their just being polite...
I am in Kakegawa, a city very close to where my mother lived 30 years ago!  The weather is sunny but windy... they have typhons regullarly and will get muggy in but a few months.  The country and people are interesting and its great to bike around with the kids and see/meet the "natives".
I am always surprised at the reciepies and flavors but the food is good and there is plenty of it!  
I will post photo's tomarrow!  See ya later. jordan

2 comments:

  1. Well, Jordan survived another day with the Bostroms :-) I think he's pretty brave. Any guy that can survive a day with 9 opinionated girls (10 including me) is quite brave. We really should be paying Jordan for his work, he's a big help (and VERY patient), so hopefully we'll feed him some good meals. A few have been sandwiches, but tomorrow is temakizushi, and the next day at a tonkatsu restaurant. Just curious, you were born here, then lived in Japan how many years? then came back in your late teens for 2 years? My girls were wondering. All for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be busy andhappy, no blogging! No news is good news!

    ReplyDelete