Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How to Finance a Travel Pit - Or, how to travel cheap!

Good news, everyone! There are in fact many ways to save money and even more ways to make money while abroad! Its all in potential of ones resources... If we were referring to America it is a simple matter to find a need and compile a quick and easy manufacturing method... simple right? Well, in Japan the markets are much more confined yet being a fast paced society it has much in the way of left overs... if you catch my meaning... If not, and you believe Im just rambling then please keep reading. If you do think Im onto something deeply significant please get a reality check... (no harm intended) There is nothing I will say on this blog that has any meaning or usefulness! Why then, you ask, doest I read it? Is it humor? Nay, maybe it comfort or possibly Politics? Say what about Travel, adventure, or culture? No! This, is a story... ok so it has been slow in progressing but trust me... From now on I plan to engage you with gripping stories of peril and danger, life and love, liberty and happiness, vowels and nouns! Here begins what shall be know as, "The _____ Travels" ...any recommendations?

Chapter 1 - Midas of Mud
Shouts rang like quivering bells over the misty morning as the slow and methodical crack of axes shook out a rhythmic tune. Throughout the day more thunderous crashes filled air as pines and firs fell about the land mixed with the roar of a tractor, mercilessly excavating the Gregorius roots! (I have no idea what gregarious means so don't ask!?!) ...All to soon, the sun was setting over the hill tops when suddenly another crack sounded! Instantly there was a cry and moan of a boy.
"Oieee, me poor back!" Cryed the young English lad, who wished he had an accent but didn't.
The lad, now in great pain, retired to his home and ate fish eggs and dandelions. Feeling refreshed the lad fell fast asleep until... the following day:

4 comments:

  1. Well, I AM laughing after reading this post, but I don't really know why.
    Where did the randomness of THIS story come from? Perhaps eating too much leftover or unique food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, ever heard of proper lifting posture!!!
    Wait, let me start out with a more simple approach, if you continue to have poor posture while lifting, you will injure your back in such a way that you will become and old bent onver crippled man. So when we are both in our 60s and I want to go mountain climbing or hanggliding, you will barley be able to stand up and hobble to the car. Oh, did I mention I will be taller than you at that point as well! Protect your body and treat in nicely, you still need another 50-60 years of use from it.
    What is a Gregorius root anyway? Sure seems like you are taking some freedom in describing the way of life over there!

    Hey Jordan, your story has GREAT use us descriptive words and I could almost hear the ringing of the ax. You are a gifted writer. I cant wait to talk to you. Stay safe, I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gregarious means talking non-stop. :) Other than your enormous misuse of the English vocabulary... You are, as LAG said, a great writer. Don't hurt yourself too bad over there... like you would ever listen to advice like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I must say. You readers know me better then I give you credit! I am gratful for your kind words... Now, I know that isnt your compleatly honest opinion but as I am content with what youve given me lets leave it at that, shall we?
    Gratzi...

    ReplyDelete